In the interview, Dr Sked states that:
- "Elements of the leadership and membership are infected by xenophobia and racism";
- UKIP's success in the European Parliament elections was due to the media being "manipulated by Dick Morris and Max Clifford";
- the three UKIP MEPs from 1999 to 2004 (Nigel Farage, Graham Booth and Jeffrey Titford, all of whom were re-elected in June) "had done nothing, were never heard of";
- UKIP has been "driven by internal disputes over the past five years";
- UKIP's policy and campaigning has "no intellectual content".
Dr Sked led the party until 1999 and left UKIP shortly afterwards due to concerns about extremism in the organisation.