Monday, November 21

UKIP launch hypocritical attack on EU finances

Fresh from its own financial embarrassment following Tom Wise's alleged expenses fraud, UKIP has now hypocritically hit out at the apparent "disgusting" state of the EU's finances.
The European Court of Auditors last week declined to sign off the EU's accounts for the eleventh successive year, after stating that 60% of EU money could be open to fraud.
UKIP chairman Jeffrey Titford MEP said "Personally I would not trust the European Commission, past or present, to look after my grandchildren’s pocket money." All this despite the fact that one of his UKIP colleagues is facing allegations of illegally pocketing £30,000 worth of expenses.
However as Labour's Terry Wynn MEP explained "Only when accountability for EU spending is linked to politicians' reputations will we see detailed accounts of where the money from EU coffers is going. Each country has to take responsibility for its own EU spending."
Unlike Titford who recently blasted his colleagues as "Nerds" for taking time to study the budget, those who care to read it and not selectively pick from it, will see the Court of Auditors' report shows a welcome improvement on the EU's financial management.
There is no doubt there is still a long way to go until every Euro spent, can be accounted for but the improvement we have seen this year are more than could have been hoped for in 12 months.
For the first time the auditors can account for 60% of CAP spending and can highlight those member states where problems exist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.europeanonion.com

Anonymous said...

www.europeanonion.com